Financial assistance and advice for families

As a family with young children, you may be eligible for some government assistance.  In recent years, New Zealand governments have been more willing to support families so take a look at the Work and Income site and see if you are eligible for a tax credit or ongoing income supplement.  Bear in mind, that with election year, this can bring changes to government assistance.

The Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) have a free budget advisory service which is excellent.  They can work with you to find out what your income and expenses are, whether there’s a gap, where you’d like to be, and how a new baby are going to impact your life financially.  They can help you with lots of ideas on how to trim your expenses.

The Department of Labour has information about your parental leave entitlements, which in many cases will include payment for a little over the first three months of your baby’s life.

Talk to your bank about options for your mortgage and banking, including how to meet debt repayments while you have a young family.


Posted on November 22, 2011, in Your motherhood identity. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: